Terms of Service
1. About our terms
Capitalized terms not otherwise defined in these Terms will have the following meaning:
- 1.1. These terms and conditions of use (Terms) explain how you may use this website and any of its content (Site). These Terms apply between Lfi (we, us or our) and you, the person accessing or using the Site (User, you or your).
- 1.2. You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site. By using or accessing the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms which will form a binding contract between us and you. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately.
- 1.3. By making use of Lfi (the Platform) and its functionalities including but not limited to its own blockchain, DAO-driven ecosystem, minting, hardware purchasing and more (Services), you especially acknowledge and agree that you are aware of the risks associated with digital assets and their derivatives and that Lfi will not be liable for any adverse outcomes resulting from your use of the site.
- 1.4. If you order any goods, services or digital content from the Site, separate terms and conditions will apply. You acknowledge and accept it is your responsibility when purchasing the order to review those specific terms whilst placing the order.
- 1.5. These Terms may be made available in several languages; all versions are legally binding, but in the event of inconsistency between the English version and a translated version, the English version prevails.
2. About us
- 2.1. We are a decentralised network that explores and engages in the future of wealth creation, through its own blockchain and DAO-driven ecosystem.
- 2.2. If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
3. Using the site
- 3.1. The Site is for your personal use only.
- 3.2. You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site.
- 3.3. We make no representations or warranties that the Site available for use in any particular location. The Site may not be available in certain geographic locations due to legal or regulatory restrictions, or any other reasons. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in your use of the Site, and you understand that access to the Site may not be legal in some jurisdictions. By accessing or using the Site, you do so at your own initiative and risk, and you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- 3.4. We try to make the Site as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the Site, please contact us using the contact details in clause 2.2.
4. Rules and Conduct
- 4.1. As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree not to:
- 4.1.1. misuse or attack our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful (such as by way of a denial-of-service attack);
- 4.1.2. post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, unlawful, harassing, libellous, privacy-invading, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content on our Platform through/on our Services;
- 4.1.3. use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, licence, sell or otherwise exploit for any purpose any content of the Platform not owned by you in a way that violates someone else’s rights;
- 4.1.4. conduct illicit transactions and holding a wallet that has any direct or indirect links and exposure to any sanctions, terrorist financing, child abuse, scam, fraud or fraud service categories and/or hops; or
- 4.1.5. attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site.
- 4.2. We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to limit your access to the Services (or to its certain functions) or to fully terminate your access in case of repeated breach of these Terms or to take other measures to ensure compliance with applicable law or protection of third party rights and interests
5. Your privacy and personal information
6. Links to other websites
- 6.1. The Platform may contain links to third-party (including, but not limited to, Collaboration Partner) websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us
- 6.2. We have no control over, and we assume no responsibility for, the information, content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such information, content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
- 6.3. Third-Party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.
- 7.1. One available feature of the Platform is the process of validating information, creating a new block, and recording that information on the blockchain (Minting). LFi facilitates cloud Minting, hardware Minting, software wallet Minting, and storage IPFS Minting- please be aware additional Terms may apply to each individually. Further details about the Minting process and features are available in our whitepaper which can be found here https://docs.lfi.io/project-info/white-paper
- 7.2. You acknowledge and accept that your participation in the Minting is at your own risk, and you will do so in accordance with these Terms and any others that apply.
- 7.3. All Disclaimers mentioned in clause 7 and Assumption of Risk in clause 8 are particularly prominent for your engagement in Minting, by virtue of participation you are explicitly acknowledging and agreeing to these Terms.
- 8.1. The Terms shall not and cannot be considered as an invitation to enter into an investment or sale of any financial instruments.
- 8.2. There is a risk that in some jurisdictions, some of the tokens or NFTs offered on LFi may be considered as a security now or in the future. LFi does not give warranties or guarantees that all offered tokens may not be considered as securities in all jurisdictions.
- 8.3. Each User of LFi shall bear its own legal or financial consequences of their tokens or NFTs sold on LFi or Collaborator’s Partners websites being considered a security in their respective jurisdiction.
- 8.4. There is a risk that we may be temporarily or permanently not able to provide access to the Platform and thus also to the Services. The Platform is provided “as is” and “as available”. We and our Collaboration Partner’s, expressly disclaim all representations or warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise about the Platform and Services, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
- 8.5. LFi do not warrant that (i) the Platform will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location, or will be error-free or free of harmful components; (ii) any errors or defects will be corrected; (iii) the Platform is free of viruses or other harmful components; (iv) any content and data, including your data, will be secure or not otherwise lost or damaged; (v) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable; or (vi) the results of using the Platform will meet your requirements or expectations.
- 8.6. YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM AND ITS CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. Although LFi developed the initial code for the Platform, it does not provide, own, or control the Platform, which is run by smart contracts deployed on the blockchain.
- 8.7. Upgrades and modifications to the protocol are managed in a community-driven way by holders of the LFi Token. Subject to the applicable laws, no developer or entity involved in creating the LFi will be liable for any claims or damages whatsoever associated with your use, inability to use, or your interaction with other Users of the Platform, including any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, or loss of profits, cryptocurrencies, tokens, digital assets or anything else of value.
9. Assumption of Risk
- 9.1. By accessing or using any LFi Services, You are voluntarily choosing to engage in sophisticated and risky asset exchanges and transactions. You are further acknowledging that you are aware of the many risks associated with the use of these Services and with engaging in transactions in cryptocurrencies, including, but not limited to, risks of financial loss, technology glitches (including, but not limited to, problems with the blockchain technology), and hacking. We work hard to provide state-of-the-art systems and security. Nonetheless, certain issues and risks are unavoidable, and if such issues or problems arise in connection with your use of our Platform, including technical difficulties with depositing or trading cryptocurrencies, it may take days, weeks, or months to resolve, and some issues may not be resolved at all. By agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that LFi is not responsible for the aforementioned risks, and you voluntarily assume and accept such risks in deciding to engage in cryptocurrency transactions on our Platform.
- 9.2. You assume the risks of engaging in transactions that rely on smart contracts and other experimental technology. Transactions may rely on smart contracts stored on various blockchains, cryptographic tokens generated by the smart contracts, and other nascent software, applications and systems that interact with blockchain-based networks. These technologies are experimental, speculative, inherently risky, and subject to change. You agree and acknowledge that Lfi will not be liable for any such adversities.
- 9.3. Among other risks, bugs, malfunctions, cyberattacks, or changes to the applicable blockchain (e.g., forks) could disrupt these technologies and even result in a total loss of digital assets, their market value, or digital funds. You are solely responsible for the safekeeping of the private key associated with the blockchain address used to interact with the Platform. We assume no liability or responsibility for any such risks. If you are not comfortable assuming these risks, you should not access or engage in transactions using blockchain-based technology.
- 9.4. You agree to the automated collection and disbursement of proceeds by smart contracts. You acknowledge and agree that all transactions accessed through the Services will be automatically processed using one or more blockchain-based smart contracts. By engaging in transactions using the Services, you acknowledge and consent to the automatic processing of all transactions in connection with using the Services. You further acknowledge and agree that the applicable smart contract will dictate how the funds of a transaction and ownership of digital assets are distributed.
- 9.5. You bear sole responsibility for evaluating the Services before using them, and all transactions accessed through the Services are irreversible, final, and without refunds. The Services may be disabled, disrupted or adversely impacted as a result of sophisticated cyber-attacks, surges in activity, computer viruses, and/or other operational or technical challenges, among other things. We disclaim any ongoing obligation to notify you of all of the potential risks of using and accessing our Services. You agree to accept these risks and agree that you will not seek to hold LFi responsible for any consequent losses.
- 9.6. You are solely responsible for the security of your wallet. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your wallet. Any unauthorised access to your wallet by third parties could result in the loss or theft of any digital asset, or any funds held in your account and any associated accounts. You understand and agree that we have no involvement in, and you will not hold us responsible for managing and maintaining the security of your wallet. You further understand and agree that we are not responsible, and you will not hold us accountable, for any unauthorised access to your wallet. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to monitor your Wallet.
- 9.7. We assume no liability or responsibility for any such risks mentioned. If you are not comfortable assuming these risks, you should not access or engage in transactions using blockchain-based technology.
10. Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- 10.1. The intellectual property rights in the Site and in any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia provisions, software or other information or material submitted to or accessible from the Site (Provisions) are owned by us and our licensors.
- 10.2. We and our licensors reserve all our intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, all copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and are free to use them as we see fit.
- 10.3. Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site or the Provisions other than as necessary for you to access it. You agree not to adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site or the Provisions (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular, in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site or the Provisions.
- 11.1. Software may be made available for you to download in order for the Site to work better. You will be granted a limited, non-exclusive licence to use any such software, subject to you agreeing to the terms and conditions that apply to such software.
- 11.2. You will be made aware of any terms and conditions that apply to the software when you try to download it. If you do not accept such terms and conditions, you will not be able to download the software.
12. Accuracy of information and availability of the site
- 12.1. We try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, but we shall not be responsible for any failure where such failure is due to causes beyond our control.Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the Site is at your own risk.
- 12.2. We may suspend or terminate access or operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
- 12.3. Any content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest, but has not been tailored to your specific requirements or circumstances. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes. You should always use your own independent judgement when using our Site and its content.
- 12.4. While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site will be available at all times or that your use of the Site will be uninterrupted.
13. Hyperlinks and third party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party advertising and websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party advertising or websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party advertising or website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site and is at your own risk.
14. Our responsibility to you
- 14.1. We are not liable to you for any loss or damage that was not foreseeable, any loss or damage not caused by our breach or negligence, or any financial loss or damage as a result of your engagement in the Site.
- 14.2. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for any death or personal injury caused by our negligence, liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that the law does not allow us to exclude or limit.
15. Events beyond our control
We are not liable to you if we fail to comply with these Terms because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
16. No third party rights
No one other than us or you has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
- 17.1. No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing or made in accordance with this clause 16.
- 17.2. We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our updated Terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
18. Complaints and Dispute Resolution
- 18.1. We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you would like to raise a complaint with us, please contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 18.2. If a dispute cannot be resolved using our complaint handling procedure or you are unhappy with the outcome, you may want to use alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and resolved by arbitration under the applicable London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Rules.
- The number of arbitrators shall be a sole neutral arbitrator. The seat of arbitration shall be London. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
17. Governing Law
The laws of the British Virgin Islands apply to these Terms.